Important things to consider before you begin: 1) Double check the power input polarity (“+” and “-“) 2) Be aware of the orientation of stepper drivers. Please note the potentiometer (pot) on A4988 and DRV8825 are at the opposite side 1. Do a visual check of all soldered points on the new board 2.
Pololu A4988 compatible stepper drivers. (A4988, DRV8825 and others)
The A4988 is a microstepping driver for controlling bipolar stepper motors which has built-in translator for easy operation.
Microstepping can divide a motor’s basic step up to 256 times. Microstepping improves low speed smoothness and minimizes low speed resonance effects.
Microstepping produces roughly 30% less torque than dual phase full stepping
- Operating Voltage: 5V
- 5 Push buttons to supply a custom menu control panel
- RST button for resetting arduino program
- Integrate a potentiometer for adjusting the backlight
- Pin used:
- D4-D7 -> LCD Data transmission
- D8 -> Register Select
- D9 -> Enable pin
- D10 -> Backlight control
- APC&BT pin header for connecting wireless devices, directly compatible with:
- Expanded available I/O pins
- Expanded Analog Pinout with standard DFRobot configuration for fast sensor extension
- Dimension: 80 x 58 mm (3.15x 2.28 in)
arduino board som lader dig kommunikere via din Smartphone (ios & android)